Sunday, 8 February 2009

Retrospective White Out

Back in January and knowing I was going to be away for a while, I sat up late on my last night to set up a series of posts to be published in my absence. I did not want my regular 'readers' (that's just my sister Lesley, really!) to give up coming to my blog address.

It is only now, on my return, that I have been able to reread them 'live'. And I have so many apologies to make for bad spelling, incorrect usage (or lack of) commas and generally abysmal English (eg their instead of there).

I will try to do better in future.....to paraphrase my old teachers!
***
Staying in South London last week, what a surprise I got looking out of my bedroom window one morning.Now THAT is snow! One foot deep. The pond in the middle of the Common was well and truly frozen solid - people were even seen walking across it. Flying back today, I was lucky that I had booked with the only airport open - Gatwick.

Because there was going to be a special party in the village last night, I had unsuccessfully tried everything I could (a month ago) to sort out a flight for yesterday from Luton, Stansted, Heathrow or Bristol.

Someone was looking out for me - since I would still be stranded there now if I had been successful!!

PS
Anyone recognise where I was staying?

3 comments:

WhereDunnit said...

Lesley isn't the only regular reader of your blog - we look forward to the posts here in Kent!

Steph

Ann Trim said...

You do have a couple of readers in the Aude as well.

Jacqui U said...

Steph/Ann - it is lovely to know someone reads all my drivel! Sorry I am away so much now that the posts are few and far between.

I keep reminding Richard and the girls to take 'blog' photos for me whilst I am away so I can catch up here.

Jacqui
xxxx

PS
Loved the photo Steph - very stylish!