Thursday, 4 December 2008

When The Chicken Crossed The Road

I love soup. When I say love, I mean LOVE.

So that means we have homemade soup fairly regularly - which the girls are oh so happy about, as you can imagine!

Roast chicken for dinner - the odds are that we will be having chicken soup the next day for lunch. And I never believe the girls when they suddenly remember that they have an unexpected extra lesson slotted in between 12 and 2 o'clock at school and therefore need packed lunches!

With 'hard to find' parsnips and swede in the veg basket at the moment, it will be chicken and veg soup of course.And delicious it was. Absolutely yummy. And I was feeling very proud of myself, until Nic asked why she did not appear to have any chicken in her bowl............ turns out I had forgotten to add it. It was still on a plate in the fridge.

The dog is happy....the chicken crossed the road into her dinner bowl that night!

No comments: