Saturday, 11 October 2008

Tom Toms

Winter is on its way and soon our tomato plants will have to be dug up.

But not before I have thought of things to do with all those tomatoes!

Sun-dried cherry toms. I mixed garlic, herbs and a little olive oil with the halved tomatoes. Dried them slowly and then packed them into a jar (with fresh sliced garlic and herbs) and covered with olive oil.

Also clear Herb & Tomato Jelly.
Shame I do not like tomatoes!!!!
***
On the way back from Beziers, we saw the autumnal colours breaking out across the vine fields and the garrigue. And came across this incredible meadow by the road side, just bursting with wild flowers! Absolutely magical!!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

It is great to see that the jam funnel is useful! xx

Jacqui U said...

It will wear out soon, I use it so much!

Trouble is - trying to find which cupboard I put it away in, in between my sudden frenzied bottling!

Jacqui
xxxx