Sunday, 17 August 2008

All Partied Out

Our dog sleeps under our bed at night. Always has done; always will. She goes where I go.

Richard made our bed himself, and designed it especially to cater for his long legs. Extra long so he can stretch out, and high off the ground.

Which means that the dog fits under it easily. Along with her 'hard' bed and also her thick leather cushion which does on top.

Now Xena is fairly rigid in her timescales. She sleeps all day, in whatever room I am in - including the toilet. But her stomach wakes her up on the dot of 18:00 every evening for her dinner.

She expects us to go to bed at 22:00 and no later. If Richard goes up ahead of me, she starts to drop VERY large hints. Like putting her front paws up on the keyboard in front of me. Subtle, she is not.

Our party yesterday went on until about 1:30 in the morning by which time Xena had had enough. Even though she kept on sitting very pointedly beside me, I did not take the hint. Finally she pushed off and went to sleep on her 'downstairs' bed at the bottom of the stairs. Absolutely comatose. When I finished clearing up I managed, for the first time ever, to get up the stairs to bed without her noticing........

....until 5:00am. She arrived at our bedroom door and tried to barge in by head-butting it until I got up and let her in!

Dog lover?! Give me a cat any day.

No comments: