Monday, 5 May 2008

BFTB

Feeling a bit hung over and tired today.

We had friends over for dinner last night, and it was a great evening. Lots of chatting, eating and drinking.

Richard barbecued some dorade - and they were perfect. A real triumph. Well done!!

We even had a strawberry pavlova - WITH strawberries this time!

But the Big Fat Tabby Cat of ours does not seem to understand the English language as spoken by Richard. Which bit of " Get off the table and stop licking the leftover pavlova plate" is she having a problem with this morning?!
***
Sitting up to do the blog, I have had about all I can take of the BFTC. Just how many mice does she think we need imported into our house?

And I thought she had a sweet tooth!

Last night we got woken up by the sound of demented squeaking from the room below. Then it got worse. I can assure you that it is impossible to get back to sleep when the squeaks are replaced by crunching, which seemed to go on for hours.

Yes the BFTC ate the mouse as her midnight snack!!

Earlier this evening LeeLee yelled out that the cat had a mouse, whilst managing to fit onto a dining room chair with her feet up around her ears (LeeLee that is, not the cat).

I called out to ask if it was alive or dead. LeeLee answered 'how should I know?!'

Maybe the fact that the rodent was on its back with all four feet up in the air, was a clue. Tissue in hand, I picked it up and put it in the bin.

So here I am, typing up my blog, when BFTC runs over my feet with another mouse. Oh for goodness sake Smokey, give the local rodent population a rest!

As per my instructions to LeeLee earlier, I deduce that the mouse is dead and pick it up with a tissue.

Problem is - it then wriggled!

No I did not drop it (I am an adult) - I put it out the door and locked the cat in with me.

The joys of pet ownership - as NOT mentioned in all the books.
***
Good luck to LeeLee for tomorrow. She has her Written French Bac Blanc (mock exam). We will be thinking of her......

No comments: