Saturday, 9 February 2008

Pancaking.....

With the Internet (and telephone and the e-mail ....) down most of this past fortnight, I have so many topics for posts queuing - and I am certainly not going to waste them since I bothered to take photos!
***
You might remember that Tuesday was Pancake Day, Shrove Tuesday or Mardi Gras, depending on where you live and your orientation.

And I would like to point out that it is called PANCAKE day - not CREPE day! So guess what I made?!

Yes - true and authentic pancakes. Not thin smears of batter over the surface of the frying pan, but good ladlefuls of batter swirled around to form a satisfyingly thick layer of a delicious base for ...... melted butter, lemon and sugar. Nic grabbed the camera whilst LeeLee dived for the Nutella ..... yes, I am ashamed to say that both our girls had one of their pancakes each covered with the traditional French 'with anything' spread.

But both agreed, when pushed, that the butter/lemon/sugar combination was actually better. Did not stop them eating the Nutella ones though.... PS
Who says there is a 5 litre bidon of red wine always next to me when I cook?!

PPS
And before anyone asks (you know who I mean, Alex!), I did not flip any of them even though Nic begged me to. I am not an idiot and do not come from Ripon! I had also sampled my cooking bidon so my frying pan hand was a bit shaky....

No comments: