Monday, 14 January 2008

Developing At Night

Been busy sitting up late each night (all right, into the early hours if you must know!) tinkering with the idea of a web site for a friends' studio in Lamalou-les-Bains.

Since I am also setting up one for our apartment, and also a 'home page' for accommodation in Lamalou in general, it has been a case of trial and error - when I code something I like, I then have to do the same in the other two websites! Trouble is - I keep finding a different way of doing things - and keep spotting mistakes!!

Did I also mention that I am doing them all in French as well.......

So hang in there and one day I will be able to let you look at them - but for now, if you have a mo, have a quick look at http://lamalou-studio-1.blogspot.com . I know this great little studio in the south of France that is available to rent, with charming managers ........
***
As an aside, our friends in La Sesquière who rent out their villa during the summer have just joined this holiday site http://www.bonjour.nl/ - and within a day had a couple of bookings!! Impressive since it is not expensive to sign up to. Helps though if you speak Dutch!

There again, I have just noticed it is in English as well - and they will translate your advert into Dutch and other languages for you - how clever is that!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Have looked at the studio site. It is great! Well done. Looking forward to seeing yours next.

Gogus said...

Hi Jacqui
All you time and effort is much appreciated. I'm sure you are enjoying tinkering really.
John & Carol

Jacqui U said...

Tinkering?! Did I say tinkering?!

I meant to say - developing and programming complex HTML code!