Tuesday, 30 October 2007

Pain and Sadness

I ache all over and am in pain. And what is most galling is that I pay to get like this! Yes it was yoga night. Say no more.
***
I love music, specifically when there are words with it.

I listen to music in order to sing along. With no one else around of course.

I am deeply moved by music. It has the ability to cheer me up - and, in particular, to make me sad.

The words of a song are as important to me as the music. I enjoy a wide variety of music/songs but what unites them all is the quality of the lyrics. They have to tell a story, be written for a real reason.

It is holiday time in our house which means that instead of having to get up (6 days out of seven) at 5:50am, we can have lie-ins. The knock on effect of this is that we can actually stay up later than normal!!

I am in heaven. I get to sit up late into the night listening to music whilst working on the PC or reading. I am a multi-tasker......I sing along at the same time.

Tonight I have listened to Bob Dylan and Bette Midler.

Explained to the girls the political background in the sixties, and why Dylan was such a special songwriter.

And felt sad and cried as I sang along to 'I Think It's Going To Rain Today' from the Beaches album.

Some nights you just feel like, and need, a cry.

PS
Another of the songs on the Beaches album, is 'Baby Mine'. LeeLee immediately said: Isn't this from Dumbo?! I have always thought this song was the worst thing Disney ever did to us children - it always makes us so sad!

No comments: