Tuesday, 28 August 2007

Showing Off

Whilst searching for records of his family name on the web, Richard came across me. Yes ME!

More specifically the actuarial paper (presented in November 1992) that I helped with - running various actuarial valuation scenarios, and producing the graphical representations using that wonderful programme MS Excel. Ah, those were the days!

Just for info (and to show off!), it was called:


THE SUPERVISION AND CONTROL OF PENSION FUNDING IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

Want to know what it was all about? No?! Well you are going to.....

"This paper looks at the existing controls on minimum funding standards and the solvency of defined benefit pension schemes in the United Kingdom. It considers the definition and disclosure of solvency margins and then goes on to look at the operation of a ‘Pensioners’ Protection Fund which would underwrite the solvency of schemes in a winding-up. "

So there!!!

PS
Not sure how high it comes in the listings of 'the most accessed web pages' - but I think I can guess...

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Jacqui,

If we are getting into showing off ...... I am named on some Chlamydia research papers that I have been involved with.

Unfortunately the one where I am a named author, the American who submitted it spelt my name wrong! Oh well, such is fickle fame.

The ones where I am acknowledged, I did most of the lab work but did not have to write the paper thankfully!

Love Lesley

Jacqui U said...

We are such a clever family!