Sunday, 15 July 2007

Our Pictures This week (1)

LeeLee's Picture She says: "To start off with I knew that I would choose to paint an animal - because for me it is one of the hardest things to paint. And I love a challenge! I have always been in awe of the beauty of tigers - and the white one in a photo I found on the internet, reminded me of ME, the big sister trying to ignore the annoying younger sibling who is trying to muscle in on my photo! "

It is done in acrylics on 180g/m2 paper, 24 x 32 cm.

Nic's PictureShe says: "I enjoy doing mandalas because they are fun to work out with a compass, and there is no limit to what they can look like. This one is special because I decided to cut out pieces to change the style and design. I chose summer colours on the outside patterns and used more sombre colours on the inside. "
(the solid red background is the paper put behind it so that it would scan OK)

It is done with watercolour pencils on 180g/m2 paper, 22.5 cm in diameter.

Mum's Picture:" I am fascinated with the contorted shapes of the old vines, and took several photos of interesting ones when the new shoots had just burst open to reveal the leaves. I have never tried water colours before, so thought I would have a go with them! "

It is done with watercolour paints on 300g/m2 paper, 24 x 32 cm.

No comments: