Saturday, 21 July 2007

Our Pictures This Week (2)

Nic's Picture

She says: " Nothing to say. I just decided to draw a seat hanging from two trees, in front of two mountains with the sun shining between them. I like drawing trees - they are an interesting shape and a mixture of colours. "


It is done with watercolour pencils washed with water, on 90g/m2 paper, 24 x 32 cm.


LeeLee's Picture

She says: " I've always been a fan of proverbs and a few weeks ago I printed off a load of them. A French one caught my eye - "L'habit ne fait pas le moine" or " the cowl does not make the monk". It gave me the idea of a figure clothed in a traditional cowl, with half of the face in shadow and the other being that of a beautiful woman, with a sexy but evil half-smile. I thought that the leg, the only other part of the figure showing, in a sexy stiletto boot really added to the idea that one's outward appearance is often hiding a surprisingly different character. And so I drew it or tried to! It looked better in my head! "


It is done with a HB pencil on 90g/m2 paper, 24 x 32 cm.


Mum's Picture

" This is the house of our friends Eric & Chrystal who live just over the road from us with their lovely 3-year-old daughter Juliette. It took them about 5 years to renovate it from an 'almost ruin' with lots of help from just about everyone in the village. They just made it in time for their wedding in July 2002! Inside it is absolutely gorgeous - one day we hope our ruin will look as good! The road is a very steep slope so it is not just my bad painting that makes it look like their barbecue is rearing up and the plant pots are at different angles! As is common in the South, they often eat their evening meal very late - they are regularly barbecuing in the street at Midnight!
For the second time I have attempted to use watercolours - and I am still not sure. I think I am not 'loose' enough - I try to be too detailed! "



It is done with watercolour paints on 300g/m2 paper, 24 x 32 cm.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Loved the pictures!

Jacqui, I recognised the house straight away! Well done.

Leigh did very well to draw that picture from her imagination. It captures the proverb very well.

Nicole did a good job too. I wish that I could be sitting on the seat reading my new Harry Potter book right now!(which arrived in the post this morning from Amazon)

Love Lesley

Jacqui U said...

Glad you liked the pictures!

Today's post will tell you how we are getting on with the book!

XXX