Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

This will probably be the first and last time you see a picture of me on this blog, so make the most of it! I intend to wield the camera and avoid being in the pictures whenever possible.

Well today is a milestone for two reasons.


First it is my birthday (44 and counting backwards from now on!).

Second, I have finally succumbed to the prevailing fashion and set up a blog.

After too many years of working in the IT industry and insisting to our indignant children that computers are an aid to efficient working practises and not something I want to spend all my spare time on - I have had to admit I enjoy reading some (but not many!) of the blogs written from the South of France. So here we go - we might as well have one as well.

The children will gloat and poke fun at me when they find out - but only until they realise I can get my own back by posting embarrassing pictures of them! And we have lots!

It has been a busy month for us because all our four birthdays fall within one week, and most of my family's birthdays fill in the remaining gaps in May. We need a holiday I think....

Eldest daughter (LeeLee) is at Lycee this morning and then spending the afternoon hanging out with friends. She owes me big time since a frantic call at 9:00am informed us that CRUCIAL research papers left forgotten on the table this morning were needed by 10:00am - and could I set off pronto with them in the car. It is all well and good living in a small hamlet away from major civilisation - but having a typically forgetful teenager means you spend a lot of time on the road. And I thought I left all that behind on the M25!

Youngest daughter (Nic) does not 'do' Wednesday school, and is also recovering from her birthday party on Monday - so has just emerged from her bed looking fairly groggy, slightly sunburnt on her face from her rugby tournament yesterday and stating that she is hungry!

Our plan to go out for lunch at our favourite seafood/seafront restaurant with friends was scuppered by a party invitation to Nic for today! So if any of you are at a loose end, we can recommend the Brasserie Du Port at Valras-Plage (04 67 32 58 13). I can guarantee they have a table for six free at 12 today!

Oh, birthdays are so special as you get older....NOT!

No comments: